Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Yes, I'm still alive...

...though I'm suffering under a heavy wheather's-nice-but-have-to-work syndrome. On Sunday I was trecking again, together with two friends. We went to Gmunden (some of you may have heared of the famous Gmundener Porcelain) and from there up to the Traunstein. It's a really beautiful mountain with a breathtaking view over the Traun Lake from the top. The weather was unbelievable, it was 26°C in the shadow while we had to wade through a half meter of snow for the last 200 height meters. The treck starts 400 meters above zero and goes up to almost 1700 meters, with a lot of ladders and steel ropes. Nothing for trainer tourists :) I hope to get some photos this week from Peter (he shot like crazy, I'm still astounded that his memory stick didn't burst) to publish on picasa, then I'll put a link here.

If you happen to be in the area and aren't opposed to a bit of casual climbing, you should definitely try the Naturfreunde-Steig there.

No comments: